The beef tenderloin is the most tender part of the loin. This cut bears his name due to its location, below the back for what is known, as a so-lomillo. This is a piece of meat from the lumbar part, between the lower ribs and the animal’s spine.
Ingredients to prepare the beef tenderloin in wine sauce and red berries
- 1 beef tenderloin.
- 1 purple onion cut at crescent
- 1 cup of meat broth
- Red fruits: blackberry, strawberry, raspberry …
- 1 cup of red wine
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- Romero chopped to taste
- Fresh thyme at ease
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of the beef tenderloin in wine sauce and red berries
For the sauce:
- In a frying pan we put two tablespoons of butter with the onion, rosemary and thyme and fry for about two minutes.
- We add the red wine and let it cook for a few more minutes until the wine is halved.
- Then, we add the meat broth and the previously crushed red fruits, let cook for about three minutes and add a little salt and pepper.
- We leave the preparation on medium heat for a space of eight minutes or until the sauce has been reduced a little.
- After this time, we remove from the fire and let the covered preparation rest.
For the sirloin:
- We cut the sirloin into medallions approximately two cm wide, add a little salt, pepper and reserve.
- In a frying pan we put the remaining two tablespoons of butter, place the sirloin medallions and seal for three minutes on each side without moving. Depending on how you like meat, you leave it a little longer or a little less time.
For the armed:
- We must give the sauce a heat stroke before serving, we can add some chopped red berries.
- On a plate we put a little sauce, the sirloin medallion and more sauce with red berries. We can add some rosemary twigs at the end.
- When sealing the sirloins it is very important that it is at room temperature, as this will guarantee that the meat does not dry out, but is very juicy inside.
- You can also use beef or pork, you only have to take into account using a good red wine.
- This veal sirloin recipe in wine and red fruit sauce can be accompanied with white rice, mashed potatoes and / or steamed vegetables.
Nutritional information on the beef tenderloin in wine sauce and red berries
A portion contains:
- Calories 263 kcal
- Protein 20 g
- Carbohydrates 14.9 g
- Sugar 4 g
- Fat 11.9 g