Salmon is a fish that is born in fresh water and that, after a time, goes to the sea. That is why many times they present us with two different types of salmon, fresh or salt water, but which is exactly the same. Many of these fish return to the river or lake where they were born.
Even scientists are not very clear how they do it or how they can find it, however they suppose that it is related to the sense of smell that is highly developed. We tell you a little about this fish before starting the recipe for salmon with citrus sauce.
Today we can eat salmon at any time of the year, as many of those we can buy in the markets are raised in fish farms. However, it is very important that we can learn a little about the two types of salmon that are known and that are currently the most consumed.
- Atlantic Salmon: This is also known as European salmon. It is mainly found in the Atlantic Ocean, in the Baltic Sea and in the different rivers of Europe.
- Pacific Salmon: This is found mainly in the northern areas of the Pacific Ocean.
Salmon is traditionally classified as a fatty fish or is also known as a blue fish. This has nothing to do with the color of its meat, this is pink and is one of the characteristics that most define this fish.
The fat content of this fish is 11 grams of fat per 100 grams of salmon, this means that it has a contribution of approximately 190 calories per 100 grams. If we talk about proteins, this fish has 20 grams for every 100 grams of fish. These are proteins that have a high biological value, which indicates that they have essential amino acids, these help our body function properly. They also have magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium and iodine.
For this reason, today we want to present you with a recipe that will captivate you, a delicious salmon with citrus sauce in the best Cuban style.
Ingredients for Salmon with grilled citrus sauce
- 1⁄4 cup of corn oil.
- 2 lemons.
- 2 peeled garlic cloves.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- 1 cdta. cayenne pepper.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt.
- Enough coriander washed and chopped.
- 4 to 6 skinless salmon fillets.
Elaboration of the delicious salmon dish with citrus sauce
- Once you have collected all the ingredients for the preparation, you must preheat the grill over medium-high heat.
- Take a large container and mix the two tablespoons of corn oil, the 1 lemon juice, the garlic, the cumin, the teaspoon of salt and half the coriander.
- Add the salmon and cover it with a little plastic. You should let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Take some corn oil and brush the grill. Place the salmon down with the round part waiting for it to brown on top for four minutes.
- Then rotate it and leave it until it is marked on the other side and fully cooked. You should divide the salmon into thick slices and serve it with a good companion.
This is a very simple recipe that will give you delicious salmon and your companions will love it.
Nutritional information on Salmon with citrus sauce
To carry a balanced and well thought out diet when it comes to the foods we consume, the most important thing is that we know all the nutritional information about the food we are going to consume, in the case of salmon with citrus sauce, these are the nutritional values.
- Energy: 513 Kcal
- Proteins: 46.5 g
- Hydrates: 15.6 g
- Fats: 29.25 g
- Saturated: 5 g
- Monounsaturated: 12.5 g
- Polyunsaturated: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 110 mg
- Sodium: 110.8 mg