Hot or cold fried rice is a classic, fast and tasty recipe . A meal that can serve as a main dish, also as an aperitif or second accompanied by vegetables, meat … Ideal for a homemade dinner, an aperitif or a dinner with friends, today we bring you another variety, the rice omelette.
With simple ingredients and quick preparation, the rice omelette is an ideal dish for cooking at the last minute, for lunch or dinner, prepared in less than an hour. For this recipe you need rice, eggs, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, salt, oil and black pepper.
Leftovers from fried rice can be left in the fridge, recovering them for this recipe. The recipe can be personalized to your liking, add what you have on hand like seasonal vegetables or cooked ham. This dish can be served as an appetizer: in this case the ideal is to cut the omelette in squares to eat like skewers.
Ingredients Rice omelette
Preparation of Rice omelette
- Start by crumbling the cottage cheese into small dice and keeping aside. Cook the rice in a pot with boiling salt water for the recommended time in the package and drain when it is al dente (if you do not have the previous day). Let cool and reserve. Put the eggs, Parmesan cheese, crumbled cottage cheese, marjoram, salt, pepper and mix well in a large bowl.
- To the mixture that has been poured into the container add the rice and continue stirring until obtaining a homogeneous and well-mixed texture.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, add the mixture and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes with a lid until it is formed a golden scab. Turn the omelette around with the help of a plate and cook another 10-15 minutes until the golden scab is created on the other side.
- It can be served hot or cold, garnished with other dishes or as an appetizer, to decorate use some fresh marjoram leaves.
Nutritional information Rice omelette
For every 100g:
- Calories 195 Kcal
- Total fats 2.4 g
- Carbon carbohydrates 31 g
- Food fiber 1.2 g
- Proteins 5.7 g