The potatoes to the relevance are a plate usual Spanish very simple to make habitual in different areas of Spain . It is a simple recipe to achieve that needs few elements making it very economical as well as an ideal complement.
How to make potatoes relevant?
To prepare this recipe we need quite easy and simple elements to find from there that now we will affirm to you point by point what you have to carry out to achieve this dish as well as everything you will need.
For every hundred grams of potatoes to the relevance we will achieve about 2 grams of fat, 20 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of protein.
- 1 crumb of Sal
- 1 glass of white or brandy wine
- 1 liter of meat or chicken broth
- 1 crumb of turmeric
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 branch of fresh parsley
- 2 glasses of frying oil
- 2 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 measures of cornmeal spoon
- Step 1: The initial step is going to be to cut the potatoes into slices, they have to be thick, so we hold a good size frying pan, add oil and let warm.
- Step 2: Right now we fry the potatoes but only for 2 minutes and then we remove them, this step is optional but so we put the potatoes in an ideal point so that they do not remain raw.
- Step 3: The moment we finish we take them out so that they drain the excess oil on a plate with absorbent paper, then we peel the garlic cloves and cook in the oil until they are golden brown.
- Step 4: Right now on a plate we turn the eggs to beat them lightly, we will add a crumb of salt and parsley, we remove so that the elements are included, in addition to this on another plate we will throw the flour. At this moment we are going to pass the potato slices through the beaten egg and then through the flour, this with each and every slice.
- Step 5: Right now we go to fry the potatoes in the oil for about 3 minutes, the ideal thing would be not to add countless so that they cook better in this way. We do this with each and every slice and once this time passes we withdraw.
- Step 6: We crush the garlic in a mortar, in addition to this we chop the parsley and add it to mash it next to the garlic. To the mash we will add the glass of brandy and mix each and every one of the elements well.
- Step 7: Right now we add a little of the oil that we were using in another saucepan and in this we add 2 measures of corn flour spoon, heat and stir so that it does not burn, then we deposit the potatoes in the pot just like the meat or chicken broth we have.
- Step 8: We wait for our elements to cook and the moment they start to boil we will add salt, freshly ground black pepper if you want, as well as the mash that we previously made. We also add some turmeric if you want it.
- Step 9: Now we will cover our pot by letting everything cook for about 20 minutes, after this time we will have our potatoes now ready to be useful.
These potatoes are an incredible companion for any main dish, especially at lunch, but we also have the possibility of having them in what form piscolabis for a snack and we accompany them with a loaf of bread in what way it tends to be habitual in Spanish homes.
Did you know what?
This is a very common recipe to see in Castilla y León, in addition to this, did you know that potatoes are among the much older vegetables, reaching hundreds of years of age, dating the first crops of this, much more than 7000 thousand years ago on the borders of Peru and Bolivia.