The gnocchi are a type of Italian pasta. Its name comes from the Italian gnocchi, which is translated as bun.
This paste is made from a potato, flour and ricotta cheese base. It is usually accompanied with tomato sauce, gorgonzola cheese and butter.
Ingredients potato gnocchi and spinach
- 150 gr wheat flour
- 200 gr potatoes
- 100 gr spinach
- 1 egg
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of potato gnocchi and spinach
- First we peel and cut the potatoes into squares so that they cook faster.
- Then we put them in a container of water and carry them on fire until soft.
- Once ready, we remove them from the fire, strain them and step on them with a fork or step on potatoes, until they are consistent with a puree and let cool.
- In another container we put water to boil. Once the boil is achieved, add salt and place the previously washed spinach. We leave for about 3 or 5 minutes.
- After that time we remove them and place them in a container with cold water to cut the cooking and then cut them a little with the help of a knife.
- Now we place the flour in a inn, we make a circle in the center and on top of the flour we add the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Inside the circle, we add the puree, the spinach, the egg and integrate all the ingredients.
- Once integrated, it forms a fine bun and cuts medium cylinders.
- To give it the shape of a gnocchi you can help yourself with a fork and some additional flour. To do this: place one of the mass cylinders on top of the fork and help yourself with the big toe to take it to the end.
- Place them on a tray with a little flour to prevent them from sticking and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Once ready, we put a container of water and salt to boil. When it breaks the boil, add the noquis and wait for them to rise to the surface, they will be ready there.
For the employee
This is a very rich and simple recipe, so we can simply accompany it with a little Parmesan cheese or if we want we can add some sauce of our preference and voila!
Spinach should not be cooked too much so that it does not lose its color. We can cut them just a little so that they show up in our gnocchi.
This dough should not be kneaded for long so that it does not become elastic and lose its texture.
Nutritional information potato gnocchi and spinach
For every 100g
Calories 133 kcal
Protein 4.44 g
Carbohydrate 32.04 g
Sugar 1.82 g
Fat 11.73 g