If we dig a little online, we will realize that a recipe like cake, foot or patch cake, passion fruit or passion fruit as it is known in some countries does not exist properly – at least not history – but rather we find a dessert whose main ingredient is lemon, and is known as: lemon pie or lemon pie, lemon tart or lemon pie.
According to history, this dessert originates from American and British cuisine, although it is also known in other countries, it is consumed as a dessert or as part of the snack.
This dessert is made up of three layers: the first is a sweet dough base, the second is a layer of lemon cream or passion fruit and finally, the third layer that is a meringue.
Ingredients for the passion fruit foot
For the base
- 2 mashed Maria cookie cups (measuring cookies after crushing them)
- 3⁄4 cup of butter without melted salt
For the filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of 400 grams of condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups juice or patch juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or juice
- 165 grams of egg white
- 1⁄4 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Tatar cremor
- A pinch of salt
- Seeds of the fruit to decorate
Preparation of the passion fruit foot
For the base
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Crush the cookies very well, add the butter and mix well
- Place some butter or nonstick spray in a foot mold and add the cookie mix.
- Place all this dough in the mold and spread, covering all the edges and the base of it. Take it to the oven for 15 minutes.
For the filling
- We beat the yellow eggs together with the condensed milk and the juice of parchita and lemon.
- Place the filling on the cookie base and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling has a gelatin-like appearance.
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool to room temperature, and then take it to the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the whites with the sugar in a water bath and mix with the help of a wooden spoon until they reach 50-55 degrees Celsius or until you notice that the sugar has been diluted.
- After time, beat the mixture with the help of a mixer, add the tartar cremor and a pinch of salt.
- Beat at medium-fast speed until the mixture looks bright and the sigh point is obtained, that is, until when lifting the rods of the mixer they become firm peaks.
For the armed
- Remove the foot from the fridge, place a little meringue all over the surface and make some spikes with the help of a spatula.
- We can add a touch of color to the meringue by taking your foot to the oven in the gratin setting for 5 minutes or using a kitchen torch to give the meringue surface a little color.
- Finally, we put passion fruit seeds on top.
- The passion fruit game must be concentrated, without water or sugar.
- We must be careful when beating the whites with the sugar when we are making the meringue, if we beat too much we can damage the mixture.
- Another indication that the preparation is ready is when the bowl cools down.
Nutritional information of passion fruit foot
A portion of 100 grs:
- Calories 316 kcal.
- Protein 3 g.
- Carbohydrate 42.6 g.
- Sugar 0 g.
- Fat 16.1 g.