When it comes to preparing simple and easy-to-prepare recipes, French-style Vealer is one of the best options, for its simplicity and for containing few ingredients.
Ingredients for the French-based Roast beef
- 1 kg of beef tenderloin in a piece
- 500 gr of mushrooms
- 1 glass of evaporated milk
- 100 gr of butter
- 2 small onions
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 glass of cognac
- Olive oil necessary quantity
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- Nutmeg, amount needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of the French-style Roast beef
- We put a frying pan on the fire and let it warm well. Then we add a little oil and take the piece of beef, add a little salt and pepper, and take it to the pan until it is browned on all sides.
- Then we flambé with a little cognac, lower the heat and let it cook for about 25 minutes. We remove the meat and wait for the juices to concentrate.
- In the pan where we seal the veal we add a splash of vinegar, and let it cook for a few minutes. We reserve this sauce for the bechamel.
- On the other hand, we grab the mushrooms and clean them, cut them into thin slices next to the onions. We put a frying pan with a little oil on the fire, and incorporate the mushrooms and the previously cut onion, a pinch of salt and let them cook for a few minutes.
- After the time, add a little butter, flour and let them brown a little. Then, we incorporate the evaporated milk, the sauce we obtained from the cooking of the veal, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and mix. We let it boil and reserve it.
For the armed:
- We take the veal, cut it into slices and place it on a platter. Then, we bathe the beef pieces with a little bit of the mushroom bechamel and as a decorative touch we can add a little red paprika in squares or some fresh parsley leaves.
- This delicious French roast beef dish can be accompanied by a green leaf salad, a mashed potato and / or some sautéed asparagus.
Nutritional information from French-style Roasted Veal
- Calories: 227 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fats: 14.72 g
- Proteins: 22.02 g
- Sugars: 0 g