The cold pasta salad is a nutritious and complete food, which includes both its ingredients. In addition, being a dish served cold, it is ideal to prepare during the hot summer months.
This salad has many variants, since different ingredients are used in each country, either in terms of protein, which can be chicken or tuna, or in the dressing that varies from typical flavors to.
For the following cold pasta salad recipe flavors are mixed that are characteristic of Andalusia.
The ingredients needed to prepare a cold pasta salad, for two people, are:
- 300 gr Fusilli tricolore pasta
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cans of tuna
- 6 canned artichoke hearts
- Two eggs
Other ingredients such as:
are needed to prepare the salad dressing
- 2 Mayonnaise cdas
- 1 Mostaza cdta
- 2 cdas of Natural Yogurt
- 1 can of chickpeas
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ Black pepper
- Parsley – to taste
- Salt and pepper – to taste
Steps to follow for the preparation of the cold pasta salad
To make a rich cold pasta salad, for two people, just follow a small series of steps and you will be ready to serve in a few minutes.
- Put water in saucepan over high heat.
- When it starts to boil, go down to medium heat and add half a tablespoon of salt, a tablespoon of oil, and then the tricolor fusilli paste
- After a few minutes, when the pasta is already cooked to taste, you should remove it from the heat, remove it from the water, wash with cold tap water and let it drain well.
- While the pasta is finished cooling, chop the cherry tomatoes into four parts each and put them in a bowl.
- Add the two cans of tuna, artichoke hearts and eggs (previously cooked for three minutes in boiling water) to the bowl.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and mix well together with the other ingredients.
- To start preparing the dressing, chop the onion, pepper and parsley in small cubes.
- In a medium-sized container put mayonnaise, mustard and yogurt.
- Add the vegetables to the dressing and mix until everything is very well integrated.
- Go gradually adding the pasta to this mixture while stirring.
What should be taken into account when preparing a cold pasta salad?
- If you don’t get the hearts of canned artichokes ready, they can be prepared by peeling the artichokes and putting them to boil in water with half a cup of vinegar and salt, and chopped into four parts.
- Although another type of short paste can be used, ideally it should be of the fusilli type.
- In order to further highlight the flavors of cold pasta salad, it is recommended that the vegetables be fresh.
- The cooking of the pasta will depend on the taste of each person, although it is normally recommended that it be left al dente, in this way it will not lose texture when mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
- At the time of plastering, quail eggs andrugula leaves can be used to decorate the dish.
Nutritional information on a portion of cold pasta salad
- Calories: 251 kcal
- Fat: 12.16 gr.
- Carbohydrates: 25.92 gr
- Fiber: 1.6 gr
- Sugar: 2.59 gr
- Proteins: 9.4 gr
These values are according to a portion of cold paste salad of approximately 140 gr, prepared with the ingredients mentioned in this recipe. However, keep in mind that these can vary, either omitting or adding other ingredients.