Cinnamon roles are excellent dishes for a fun breakfast, celebrations, family reunions, or afternoon snacks . This is a very colorful food among children.
It is known to be a very dynamic sweet, since it can be accompanied by almost anything, both on its cover and in drinks.
A clear example is the roles of cinnamon with a little milk condesed on its cover accompanied by skim milk. You can also make cinnamon rolls with melted chocolate on top of them.
Although it has the reputation of being complicated to cook, it is half true. Therefore, in this article we will explain all the steps to make the best cinnamon roles .
For these cinnamon roles we will need the following foods:
- Stuffed with cinnamon (to be explained later in the article)
- 1⁄4 cup of unsalted butter
- 7 grams of dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup of warm milk
- 1⁄4 cup of refined sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter or butter without salt
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of raisins (optional)
- In a bowl of warm milk, place the butter little by little to avoid leaving lumps or part without melting.
- Then stir with the help of a spoon until both ingredients are unified.
- It is time to add food in the bowl in this order: a little flour, sugar, water, yeast, milk and egg.
- Mix all the ingredients until achieving a consistent texture without lumps.
- Little by little, add the rest of the flour while you keep stirring until you get a thick or thick dough as a result.
- Then it kneads for five minutes until the dough takes on a smooth, lumpy and smooth consistency.
- Place in a bowl to rest for 10 minutes. It is important not to skip this special step since the dough needs to rest for us to get some exquisite cinnamon rolls.
- In a separate bowl, mix a little butter with two tablespoons of sugar, a pinch to like cinnamon and 100 grams of raisins, this will be the filling of the cinnamon roles.
- With the help of a small roller, it extends the mass in the form of a triangle.
- Then with a spoon or with the same hand of the cook he scatters all the filling through the space that the dough occupies.
- Once ready, roll up and horizontally cut the roles of the same thickness.
- Then, on a tray with waxed paper, you must place the raw cinnamon roles, at which time they will also be fermented for 30 minutes.
- Finally, cinnamon roles have to be baked at 190 degrees for a time of 20 minutes or when they turn golden
Some of the preparers add a little cinnamon powder, condensed milk or arequipe once they are removed from the fire on the cover , but as we said above, this is a very versatile preparation for what you can add what you like as cover.
As an observation point, the real secret to preparing perfect cinnamon roles is that all ingredients are unified and that the dough is lump-free .
Regarding filling, it is recommended that it be prepared in generous quantities so that our rolls or roles have enough content and like it among consumers.
Nutritional Information for Cinnamon Roles:
- Calories: 436 kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 50g.
- Fats: 24g.
- Proteins: 4.7g.
- Sugar: 25g.
These values are not suitable for people who follow strict diets to lose weight or with health problems such as chronic diabetes or hypertension.
As for pregnant women, you should consult your GP and assess whether you can consume it due to the presence of cinnamon throughout the sweet.