If you love enjoying a good dessert in the afternoons, but you can’t spend a lot of time preparing, this cinnamon-sweetened Torrijas recipe is perfect for you.
With just a little bread, milk, cinnamon and sugar you can enjoy a delicious dessert that can be accompanied with a cup of coffee, a little ice cream and / or fruits of your choice.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Sugar Torrijas
- 2 loaves of bread or bread from the previous day
- 1 and a half liters of whole milk.
- 2 medium eggs.
- 1 vanilla pod, or half lemon peel
- 40 ml of port wine
- 200 g of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 liter of soft extra virgin olive oil
- Chocolate syrup, powdered sugar and / or honey to decorate.
Preparation of cinnamon-sweetened French toast
- We take the milk to a pot, and place it over medium heat, add the vanilla bean or lemon peel and let it catch temperature so that the ingredients are integrated. After time, we let the milk rest until it is at room temperature.
- We take the loaves of bread and cut them into wheels one to two centimeters thick and reserve them.
- Before continuing with the preparation, we took a frying pan over the fire with enough oil to fry our French toasts.
- On the other hand, we place the sugar mixed with the cinnamon on a flat plate and reserve.
- In another dish we place the whole eggs, previously beaten and add a little of the milk flavored with the vanilla or the peel, and to give it more flavor, we add a splash of the port wine.
- Now, we take the slices of bread and gradually dip them in the mixture of milk, egg and port, drain a little, and then pass them through the eggs.
- As a next step, and we carefully take them to the pan and let it brown for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Once ready, we remove them from the pan, drain them well, and take them to the plate with sugar and cinnamon. We bounce them on both sides and reserve them on a tray.
For the site:
Although we can simply consume them with a delicious cup of coffee, we can give it a gourmet touch and surprise our guests and / or relatives, for this I share some options for the site:
- In a deep plate we place 3 to 4 French toasts and sprinkle a little powdered sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- We can also simply decorate them with chocolate or honey syrup.
- And one last option, we can accompany them with a little vanilla / chocolate ice cream and a few drops of bitter chocolate, or some fruit, such as blueberries and / or strawberries.
Nutritional information on cinnamon-sweetened French toast
A portion of 100 grs. contains:
- Calories: 236 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18.31 g
- Fats: 16 g
- Proteins: 5.06 g
- Sugars: 6.06 g