We should not be confused as regards a seafood paella and what a seafood rice is. Being careful, since there is also the sea paella. All three things are totally different. This dish of Spanish origin is known to everyone, being of great preference especially in Spanish-speaking countries.
Without having to resort to a sophisticated restaurant you can prepare it at home just by making the best selection of the necessary ingredients but with the extreme care that they are fresh and, like everything, apply the knowledge you have for its elaboration or what we will indicate here so that you can enjoy together with your friends and family of a truly exceptional Sunday afternoon.
The recipe that we will give is for 4 – 6 people to eat in a satisfied way, in the same way we suggest you use a large paellera and that the ingredients are also fresh and well selected that leave a good taste and look beautiful.
Ingredients for a Seafood Paella (4-6 servings)
- Use 2 top quality rice cups.
- 4 cups filled with shrimp broth.
- 1/2 kilo of fresh squid, if they are large better.
- 1/2 kilo of fresh shrimp (any shellfish)
- Enough clam and mussel shells, well washed.
- 1 onion.
- 1 medium tomato.
- 1/2 red pepper.
- 2 peeled garlic cloves.
- 1/3 cup of peas.
- Fresh parsley to a bouquet of leaves.
- Olive oil.
- Come to taste.
- Pepper enough quantity.
- Some type of yellow dye preferably turmeric (curcuma) or saffron in strands.
Now with all the ingredients ready we proceed to the preparation of the seafood Paella
- First of all, we clean and peel the shrimp, shells and head very well. These are the ingredients that will help us to prepare the broth that we will leave reserved for when we need it.
- We must cut the squid into small pieces, remember to clean them well too.
- We must also clean the seashells well to remove any dirt from sand that may have been present.
- In the paellera that we indicate you can fry the tomato very minced, the pepper, the garlic, the onion, all in olive oil. Then you can start adding the salt and pepper, without excesses.
- Now place the squid and the seashells, cook them for a few minutes over low heat. At the same time you will notice that a broth begins to form, which is good within the cooking process.
- Add the 2 cups of rice and then stir so that everything you carry so far mixes well, now if you put about 4 cups of the shrimp broth which was previously made, if by chance it did not reach you can complete with water.
- Stir everything again by now adding a small spoon with turmeric (curcuma) or saffron in strands. Bring to a boil now for three minutes.
- Add the fresh peas, shrimp and parsley, do it when there is still liquid in the paella pan, take a look trying to see if salt and pepper are needed, put something if necessary.
- Now is when the final cooking process begins, letting it run until you notice that the liquid is decreasing, it is just time to put some strips on the red pepper which will give the paella a very colorful enhancement, also some prawns in his shell.
- Place the medium-down fire and cover the pan for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips for the recipe
- The way to know if your paella is ready is by testing the grain of rice, once you check that it can be eaten, remove it from the heat, start serving by spraying a good amount of olive oil on top which will undoubtedly make the taste improve dramatically.
- For the elaboration of a seafood paella, only two key ingredients are needed, first of all good components of the sea and of course paying due and pertinent attention to the entire cooking process, maximum care is required due to the sensitivity of the plate.
- Let’s remember that the secret of a good kitchen are the ingredients used to achieve the satisfaction of diners.
A nutritional summary of seafood paella is as follows:
All these values are for each cup of paella
- Caloric contribution 343 calories.
- Fat 10.63 g.
- Carbohydrates 39.6 g.
- Proteins 20, 57 g.