The common octopus is a mollusk found in the Mediterranean and in the Atlantic Ocean just down the Iberian Peninsula. We tell you a little about its nutritional value before presenting you the octopus recipe with coriander.
The size is half a meter and its color can vary, as it is a species that adapts to the marine environment. It has a large head with a beak-shaped mouth that helps you crush hard shells; It also has very large eyes and 8 tentacles with windy rows. This is a nocturnal animal and hunter, it feeds on other sea specials.
The flavor of the octopus is very delicate, it is suitable for popular gastronomy around the world, with traditional recipes such as the octopus grilled, Galician, octopus ceviche or sushi octopus. Ink is also used to make sauces or pasta or rice dishes.
In any of its presentations, octopus is one of the most popular marine meats in the world, it also has a high culinary value and excellent quality meat. It provides a large amount of protein and is low in fat, which will determine the low calorie content. It also has a very low contribution of cholesterol. In the markets and in the fishmongers, you can buy octopus throughout the year, however, the best time is between September and April, during the breeding months.
With the magnifying glass in the contribution of nutritional properties, the octopus will provide us with selenium, iodine, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, zinc and magnesium. Furthermore, this is a mollusk that is very rich in B vitamins, as well as thiamine and A and E vitamins.
Ingredients of the octopus salad with coriander
- 2 octopus cans in olive oil.
- 1 medium red onion.
- 2 large tomatoes.
- 2 large avocados.
- A cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of marinade powder.
- Coriander handle.
- 2 lemons.
- 4 lettuce leaves.
Preparation of the octopus salad with coriander
Octopus is a delicious dish and we want to present you the coriander octopus salad that will captivate you.
- The first thing you should do is drain the octopus until you get rid of all the oil.
- You should place it in a large container and add the red onion, tomatoes, cucumber and coriander all very well chopped; mix well.
- Then you will have to open the avocados, discard the seeds and you will have to cut them into small cubes.
- Add this in the container with the seasoned octopus with the marinade and the juice of the lemons. Stir very gently.
- Refrigerates the preparation for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors mix smoothly.
- You must cover the dishes where you are going to serve with the lettuce leaves and serve the cold salad.
- The octopus, unlike the squid, can be eaten completely, both its body and the tentacles. You just have to remember that you have to clean it very well before we handle it, bathe the stream of water and turn it over.
- In the kitchen one of the great fears that many people have is that when you prepare the octopus it may be hard. To avoid this, all you have to do is freeze the octopus for 2 or 3 days, so that the cold can break the fibers and that it does not lose its flavor or nutritional properties.
- If you don’t have time to freeze it, you should hit it and it will soften in this way.
Nutritional information on octopus salad with coriander
One of the most important points of a balanced diet is knowing what are the nutrients it provides us; in the case of the octopus salad with coriander are:
- Energy: 183.69 Kcal
- Fats: 96.19g
- Proteins: 61.5g
- Carbon carbohydrates: 17.69g